Sunday, November 30, 2008

NaBloPoMo the end, and a recipe! (#30)

Finally, we've come to the end of the month. I'm so relieved. I didn't miss any NaBloPoMo days this year, posting 30 blogs in 30 days. I've tried to keep it interesting, but some of those days all I had in me was to just post a few photos and be done. Next time if I'm taking an online class, I won't do this. Just too much stuff going on this month.

I've enjoyed the time off this long holiday weekend to do catchup. It was a low key Thanksgiving for me. I stayed home while Tony took Maiya and his dad to Thanksgiving at Tony's uncle's house. I did laundry, homework and dishes. That night, we went to the Ayala's as usual for dinner and played games, that was a lot of fun. Friday, I stayed home and wrote a paper, finishing up about 4-5 loads of laundry. Tony took Maiya out for errands. Then yesterday, we went to visit Laura and kids in their new house, then drove up to the mountains to clean and organize Tony's dad's house. I worked on the kitchen and the laundry room, sorting things to give away, tossing old food and clearing the cupboards and fridge, while Maiya watched a DVD. Tony was on the roof clearing the raingutters and trimming overgrown pine trees, I have never been so scared in my life. Today, on my agenda is the last 2 homework assignments in my class, Farmer's Market, Trader Joe's, more laundry (ugh), the gym and play with Maiya.
***
Anyways, I just saw a cool recipe on my stickies, and I don't think I've ever put it on here. It's the easiest oatmeal cookies you will ever make, just 5 ingredients, and I found it on the bax of an oatmeal box. It's one of those easy recipes that a small child can do with you.

Easy Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
4 TBS veggie oil
2 TBS maple syrup (i used a low sugar one)

I also added 1 TBS honey, just because i like honey.

So we mixed it all up real well, waited 15 minutes for everything to soak into the oatmeal. Then, drop spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet into rounds, flatten with a wet fork, then put in oven for 10-12 minutes at 375. Cool, then transfer with a spatula. Need to store in a tight container.

They tasted like soft granola bars. I think some might like them harder, but I liked em kind of soft. It made about 12 cookies. I never knew how easy they were to make.
***
Okay, well, don't look for me to blog tomorrow. I think I might take a few days off.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey There - I have a request for a blog post... pop over to my site at www.heatherfish.com to see what it is... there are prized involved!