Generic Farmer's Market photos:
Food Samples for children to taste:
Apples (& things you can make from apples):
The Honey Bee Booth and Display:
Arts and Craft for Kids:
Farmer's Market/Community Awareness:
*Brownies collecting "Pennies for Peace"
*Fire Dept Pancake B-fast for Toys for Tots:Kids at the FM:
Flowers (Kids Pick One Free):
There are learning opportunities everywhere, even at the Farmer's Market.
- We saw a dad say to his girls, "Hey look at this--this is how bees collect honey (science)."
- We saw kids waiting in line to pay with dollar bills in their hands (math/social).
- We saw kids water coloring painting with leaves and experimenting with salt (art).
- Kids are exposed to 7 different kinds of plums, and can taste the different varieties (science/math).
- We learned that all of the food vendors accept WIC from low-income families (community).
- We saw a toddler dancing to music from a DJ (music).
- Another toddler was pointing to the letters on one of the posters (early literacy).