Saturday, November 03, 2007

Pumped Up

NaBloPoMo #3: Today we celebrated my nephew Kyle's 5th Birthday at Pump it Up, it was our first time there. Here is Kyle with his brother Kevin.

Maiya didn't go in the bouncer or on the inflatable slides, but she did have a blast running around and watching her cousins come down the big slides. Afterwards, it was pizza, junk food and cake. Today, her favorite person was her cousin Kaylee. They've spent 2 1/2 years aware of each other but not really playing together, but today it was "Kaylee, Kaylee, Kaylee." So cute!

So in addition to celebrating Kyle's birthday, we went to my mom & dad's house afterwards to also celebrate me and my brother Darin's birthdays, but mostly just to hang out. We ate so much crap today, and the kids were pretty pumped up all day. None of the 5 cousins had naps today and it was showing by 5 pm. Anyways, it was great fun.

* As a f/up to yesterday's post, the only thing I accomplished on my very ambitious To Do List was 2 loads of laundry. But, I made lunch for me & Maiya, got in a good 1 1/2 hour nap, cleaned the kitchen, danced around the living room and listened to kiddie music all afternoon. During/after dinner, and at 20 minutes to 7pm, we decided to go see a 7pm movie a few blocks from our house, and took Maiya to see The Bee Movie, the animated movie with Jerry Seinfeld. Maiya enjoyed it a lot, and it was my first time taking her to a movie (she & Tony went to see Ratatouille a few months ago). Afterwards we hung out in the bookstore and read Dr. Seuss books and I got an ice blended from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

No comments: