Tuesday, November 27, 2007

O Bento Lunch!

NaBloPoMo#27: Inspired by websites like the Vegan Lunch Box and Lunch in a Box.Net, I made this lunch for Maiya today. Actually looking at the picture now, it looks a little plain in its presentation, but it is all organic. For lunch, Organic Whole Wheat Bread flower sandwich with organic peanut butter and organic blueberry jam, cranberries, organic mangoes, organic fuji apples and organic soy milk. And for snack, a homegrown tangerine, organic string cheese and organic eco-shaped cookies and organic brown rice crackers.

I am having a lot of fun with my new cookie cutter molds and pancake molds. I have memories of my mom making little 1/2" animals with American cheese and bologna when we were kids. I just can't believe that it's me, doing these kinds of things for my child. It's not something I ever imagined I would even think about. But with a good cookie cutter, it's as fast as cutting a sandwich in 4 pieces.

Tonight, we let Maiya stay up late watching the finals show for "Dancing with the Stars." When I told her we were staying home tomorrow, she requested dinosaur and teddy bear pancakes for breakfast. My pleasure.

No comments: