Thursday, November 05, 2009

Local Election Results


NaBloPoMo#4: One of the big reasons we moved to this city was for the schools, so I am encouraged by the results of Tuesday's election. I am excited that the Measure to directly support the schools that I voted for passed with 75% of the vote, and the 3 School Board members I voted for were the top 3 vote-getters. I think it was an all white and male school board previously, and now there are 2 women, including one woman of color with endorsements from people I know, two have a green agenda with a strong background of social justice.

Click for School Board results
Click for Measure EE results

And in other political news, last night I heard State Assemblymember John Perez speak in Little Tokyo. He was very impressive. I went to visit his office on Early Learning Advocacy Day in Sacramento a few months ago to get his support on early childhood education, but this was the first time I heard him speak.

No comments: