Sunday, November 15, 2009

190 Years Young

This afternoon, Maiya & I went to a birthday party for Nobuko, Tarabu & Mike, to celebrate their combined 190th birthday party. But first, we went to the Farmer's Market to get some things for the potluck. I'm not usually very good with potlucks, often picking something up at the last minute, pitching in money, or asking Tony to make me something. But I think I have hit upon a great new recipe. I've eaten this a few times, but I didn't even know what the name was, but when you google "broccoli salad," you might find it, like I did. I pretty much followed the recipe, but made a few alterations.Broccoli (dunked in hot water for a few seconds), sunflower seeds, raisins (added some mixed pepitos from the farmer's market), onions, celery, bacon (soy bacon bits), mixed together with a dressing made of 3/4 cup mayo, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 TBS vinegar, and you get a pretty yummy and healthy salad.
Every party at Senshin has to start with music...
It was a beautiful and fun celebration for Nobuko, Tarabu & Mike. Everyone in the room got to get up and say a little something for the birthday kids. It was great (leap) to see so many friends. I hope when I am 190, that I can look like them too!NaBloPoMo#11 (Behind by 4 days)

No comments: