Wednesday, August 20, 2008

How does your garden grow?

It's been like a month and a half since we planted our container garden. Two tomato, cucumber, zucchini, shiso and basil plants. It's going ok. The two tomato plants started off well, then kind of stopped growing once the tomatoes blossomed, the first one is almost ready. We had one very large zucchini about 3 weeks ago, and it's just now starting to grow some more. Same with the cucumber plant, only 1 has grown but no flowers on the way.

Watering the tomatoes

What's been doing beautifully is our strawberries. We're collecting 10-20 every day or two.

Full basket of strawberries

The lone cucumber

1 comment:

b.q. said...

Wow - huge cuke!
Hi Jenni - Naomi Hirahara suggested that I check out your blog. I was on the hunt for a sansei moms blog group. My daughters ( ages 19, 22,22, & 34) say that moms (actually, Obaachans) my age don't blog, & I guess that may be true - I haven't found a widely used blog for sansei grandmas, but that's OK. I'll just keep bloggin' with my daughter, & enjoying blogs like yours. Cute family! Take care.