Thursday, August 21, 2008

Family Get Together

Maiya's 3rd cousin Ryoko from Japan, is going to be here in California for a year of college, and is staying with my mom for a week. So my mom hosted a mini-family reunion get together to meet Ryoko on Sunday. We met her dad and other relatives on my Grandpa's side of the family when we went to Japan on a family trip back in 1992 or thereabouts.
. Shout hooray!
Hug a cousin!
Rick, Taka, Kumi, Machi, Walt
Trying to get it together for a group photo with 9 kiddies.

Of course, my camera went off before we all got it together. It's the only one I have, so I'll share it. Me and Maiya met my family and Ryoko at the beach and the Santa Monica Pier this week, so I'll get those photos off my camera and share them too, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Love the family pics - aren't cousins the best?
-Janet (Gayle's friend from Alabama)

b.q. said...

Love seeing big family reunions. Reminds me of our holiday get togethers around Christmas/New Years at Far East, with all the cousins. Ahhh, back in the day.
Dad used to call me Machi ! I see you have a Machi in your Family too. I have 2 grandkids; the 3 year old Grandson, & his 7 year old sister; the joys of my life! Keepin' me young, that's for sure. You must be a young sansei mom; most of my friends have grown kids & are settling into the 'Bachan role. Life is great!
(Sharon)