Monday, August 25, 2008

10 Days Fly By

Well, it's the last night of my 10 day vacation. Unfortunately, we weren't able to go anywhere this year for vacation, but I did manage to make it to the gym 5 times (yay!) and me and Maiya got to put on our bathing suits 7 times in the last week.

Saturday: Celebrated Cousin Tina's Bday at Uncle Bill's

Sunday: Family BBQ for Ryoko at my mom's

Monday: Beach day with my mom, Ryoko, Gayle, Kieth and Kaylee

Tuesday: Maiya and I took the bus to Santa Monica Pier with my mom, Ryoko, Gayle, plus Auntie Keiko and then had lunch on 3rd Street Promenade



Wednesday: Swim class

Thursday: Me and Maiya went to the local water park, "Mushroom Pool" as Maiya calls it

Friday: Tony, Maiya and I did a picnic in the park where Tony and I had our wedding celebration on our 10th wedding anniversary.


Saturday: Maiya's preschool 25th anniversary reunion BBQ and family swim time. Visit from Cousins Marlene and Bob.

Sunday: Went to Farmer's Market and spent the day at Tony's dad's house in the mountains

Today: This morning, I made cinnamon waffles with berries and we tried to go to the water park with Mike and Amani this afternoon but it was closed, so we hung out in Uncle Bill's backyard with the water hose and ate PB&J sandwiches and frutas all afternoon, and then Tony came later and brought Tommy's.

I haven't blogged about this much, but it's been a difficult time for Tony's family. His dad has been in and out of the hospital several times this summer. We've been spending time just about every day at Uncle Bill's house, and Tony has been busy taking his dad to doctor's visits, dialysis and other appointments every day.

In the meantime, life goes on. Janet had her baby Saturday (yay!), Maiya needs a nap, we need to eat, do laundry, clean the house, buy audio equipment (Tony), blog (me). The Olympics are over, and now it's Obama's turn. I go back to work tomorrow and we'll continue as we've been going along this summer, one day at a time.

No comments: