* Pay July bills - DONE. Wrote 10 checks and renewed my subscription to Mothering, the magazine for natural family living.
* Do dishes - DONE. But there will be more tomorrow, and the day after that, and so on, and so on...
* Do laundry (3 loads waiting) - PARTIALLY DONE. 1 dark load washed, dried, but still needs to be folded. 2 more loads still waiting. Will do tomorrow.
* Work out at Y - DONE. When me and Maiya started the swim class at the Y last month, we joined as family members. Tony and I have been going a few times a week to work out at the gym. Maiya goes to free, onsite childcare. Today I did 35 minutes of cardio on the recumbent bike, treadmill and elliptical, and stretched for 20 minutes. Then, I went to Empanadas Place and got 4 empanadas to go.
* Higashi Obon - DONE. Ayako, Maiya and I went to see Bombu Taiko (I took a beginner taiko class in 2003 and played in the obon 2 years ago). Anyways, we had somen, visited with friends, went to the bake sale, the farmer's market (I bought 5 zucchinis and one melon for $1, and a plumeria for $15). Since Ayako and I went last year together, we decided to make it an annual thing.
Carrie, Maiya, Ayako and Kathy at Higashi Obon
* RSVP for Warren Furutani fundraiser - DONE. Check is in the mail. Help send Warren to Sacramento. He's running for a California State Assembly seat representing the 55th District next Spring. I volunteered on Warren's LAUSD School Board re-election and his run for City Council many years ago. It was my first experience with phone banking and precinct walking. i've known Warren for many years and I can see he's a nice guy, an excellent advocate. Let me know if you're interested in making a contribution to his campaign.
* Friends to schedule visits with: Alyce & Minna, Peg, Beth's family, Ayako - PARTLY DONE. See Higashi Obon above re: Ayako.
Feeling good about today's accomplishments. More work to be done on the list!