Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wasting time

I have a jillion things to do today, my day off from my new job. I also have lots of work to do on a grant for Great Leap that is due next week. But, in honor of procrastination, because of Peg, and since Maiya is asleep on my lap, here goes.

1. Name someone with the same birthday as you.
Liane U.
2. Where was your first kiss?
Leo Carrillo Beach, John H. I was camping with my cousins and my family for a week. It was the summer before 9th grade. I remember the way he tilted his head at me. We kissed for several days. He asked me how far I was willing to go. I remember saying, "well, I don't want to get pregnant." So, it never went beyond kissing. My second kiss was not until college.
3. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else’s property?
No. Not even close.
4. Have you ever hit someone of the opposite sex?
My brother? when I was a big sister bully?
5. Have you ever sang in front of a large number of people?
Yes. I used to be in chorus in elementary school. Oh, also, I was in a cheesy church musical in college. I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of it.
6. What’s the first thing you notice about the preferred sex?
Smile. Wait, what does that mean, "preferred?"
7. What really turns you on?
Activist poetry.
8. What do you order at Starbucks?.
Nothing. Who wants to pay $3 for a cup of coffee? Plus I don't do caffeine the last few years. Oh wait, I've gotten a few ice blendeds... more than one, less than five times.
9. What is your biggest mistake?
Hmm. can't think of any big mistakes. I make little ones all the time.
10. Have you ever hurt yourself on purpose?
Well, when I intentionally got pregnant, I knew there would be pain, but the result was so sweet--Maiya Grace.
11. Say something totally random about yourself.
When I was 12, I saved up enough babysitting money in a Snoopy banana bank to buy a 10-speed bike at Toys R' Us with $1 bills. At the time, I charged $1 an hour, so it was like 75 hours of babysitting. Can't imagine leaving Maiya with a 12 year old.
12. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Yes. Kristi Yamaguchi. Although no one Asian ever said I look like her.
13. Do you still watch kiddy movies or tv shows?
I watch a Korean kiddy show occasionally and recently Sesame Street cause Maiya seems transfixed when Elmo's World comes on.
14. Did you have braces?
Yes. The whole experience was painful for me. Luckily it was only a year and a half.
15. Are you comfortable with your height?
Sure.
16. What is the most romantic thing someone of the opposite sex has done for you?
Tony published a love poem for me in the Rafu... then a few years later, he read the poem suggestively at a reading for International Women's Day while my community friends hooted and hollered.
17. When do you know it’s love?
You know. I actually fell in love with Tony in a dream, 4 months before our first date. I confirmed it on the first date.
18. Do you speak any other languages?
Sukoshi. Un peu. Poquito. (Not really... but I understand and can speak smatterings of Japanese, French and Spanish).
19. Have you ever been to a tanning salon?
Hell, no. But I used to slater baby oil on my skinny bikinied self and lay out between 10am and 2pm when I was a teenager.
20. What magazines do you read?
Mothering, Natural Family Living, Parenting, Parents, Vegetarian Times, People, Yes! Magazine. There's more, I'm sure.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
Yes--when i was on the management team at the law firm I used to work at, we took the limo to get to monthly lunch meetings.
22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
My grandmothers. Recently more community friends have passed away.
23. Do you watch MTV?
I did in the days when Michael Jackson was black. Haven't had cable the last 8 1/2 years, so no.
24. What’s something that really annoys you?
Dumb comments.
25. What’s something you really like?
Taiko. Learning about alternative parenting. Blogging. Talking about Maiya. Taking pictures of Maiya. Maiya.
26. Do you like Michael Jackson?
Ha ha (see #23 above). I used to have Thriller and a few other albums, but you know he did it.
27. Can you dance?
Two left feet. But I love to dance around the living room with Maiya and turn her frown upside down.
28. What’s the latest you have ever stayed up?
I have had way too many all nighters in my life. Too many times for work or school or on the computer. The most recent time was giving birth to Maiya.
29. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
Nope.
30. Do you actually read these when other people fill them out?
Yes, i do. But I never fill them out myself. Oh. Except for this time. Took me 30 minutes. Maiya's up. Enough time wasted. Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thoroughly enjoyed learning little tid-bits about you! FUN! =D