Saturday, August 22, 2009

Too Late for Gardena Obon Pix?

Is it too late for more Summer 09 Obon pictures? I think I've missed a few... here's Gardena, which I hear runs about 800 people a day. We carpooled with Lily on the way there. We knew it was going to be crowded, when we parked blocks several blocks east of Normandie. Food lines were long, but fairly fast. We ate... played games, danced, saw friends, the usual. I do like Gardena's obon. And since obon is really to honor the ancestors, I couldn't help but remember that we brought Tony's dad last year. He was pretty sick, but he did enjoy his last obon, and one of Maiya's cherished memories is sharing a snow cone with Grandpa Larry.
Waiting in the car for Auntie Lily
Maiya: I love playing games!
Jenni: More plastic crap to clutter our house.
Maiya loving the jumpy bounce house
Hanging out with Auntie Lily & Uncle Kent
Yes that's a dango. And no, it doesn't help you grow.

Ok, that's it for this year for now. I might post the Senshin obon and Venice carnival photos.

No comments: