Monday, April 28, 2008

Manzanar from Maiya's eyes

We took Maiya to the 39th Annual Manzanar Pilgrimage on Saturday. At 3 years old, this was her 3rd time attending. We had been reading the book Maiya Goes to Manzanar I wrote about her experience last year, so she kind of knew what to expect. We drove up on Saturday morning leaving at 7:30 am, and spent the night in Lone Pine.
Mommy & Daddy woke me up so so early.
But I got to eat breakfast bento in the car!
"Mommy, I thirsty again"
"My friends Mickie & Stacy, the college ladies talked at the pilgrimage"
"Looks like we're at the beach, I even brought my shovel & bucket"
"My favorite thing today was playing in the desert"
"Right before Daddy & I went up to hold the sign for
Poston where my Great Grandma Chie was in camp"
"We took the Poston marker to the Cemetery"
"I was happy to be part of the show. Can't you tell?"
"Then Daddy & I danced the Tanko Bushi"
"Mommy was kind of a mess afterwards. But not me."
"I am ready for a nap."

Stay tuned for Mommy's take on the event... and a special happy 45th wedding anniversary to Grandma Machi & Grandpa Walt.
dad.

No comments: