Monday, February 12, 2007

Maiya's 2nd Bday Party

Elmo Cake... What else?

Cousins Kieth and Kaylee make Boboli pizza

Maiya with Auntie Nobuko eating fruits

Letty, Paul & Francisco eating BBQ!

Grandpa Walt & Grandpa Larry with Uncle Darin & Kevin

Keiko, Tina, Janice, Kyle, Danika, Nina, Clarissa, Grandpa, Kevin

With Nobuko, Tarabu & Mamie (97 years young)

Blowing out the candles, make a wish!

Maiya's birthday party was chaotic! A small, mostly family gathering wound up with over 30 people. The good thing is that it forced us to clean the house, organize the office/den, and clear out the backyard (from construction mess). Tony made teriyaki chicken, salmon and BBQ kabocha, red peppers, jalapenos, zucchini, potatoes, macaroni, cheese & wieners, the kids made Boboli pizza, my mom brought fruit platter, Nobuko brought a green salad, I made rice, and we ordered sushi and chow mein.

I wondered if Maiya knew that the party was for her. She had so much fun playing with all her cousins and friends. By the time the presents and cake time happened, she got it. We had a good time, but it went so fast, and Tony & I were so busy the entire day. I think next year we will have to move the location or think of something different. The important thing is that we got to spend time with friends and family, and Maiya had a great time.

As I reflect on the last two years, my heart fills with happiness at how I got so lucky. Maiya brings so much joy and fun to our lives, and makes our community and political work even more meaningful. I look forward to watching her grow and learn and live and love.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Maiya ... they grow up so fast, I can't believe she is 2 years old already!