Wednesday, February 16, 2005
It's hard to believe that Baby Maiya is already 2 weeks old as of yesterday. I know people are waiting to hear the details about Maiya's birth story and Jenni's labor, but that will have to wait for now.
It's hard to believe that she's finally here and in our lives. Our lives will never be the same. You would be shocked to see me and Tony as parents. For two people who had collectively changed literally 3 diapers in the last 20 years, we are now old pros and can change a diaper, while singing, and in our sleep! We obviously have much to learn and Baby Maiya is teaching us what it's like to be parents.
She is an angel, so beautiful. When she's hungry, she's ferocious and girlfriend uses her powerful lungs to let us know what she wants. Right now, she's propped up on a blanket on the couch, sleeping in the crook of Tony's arm. Hard to say who will sleep longer--Daddy's girl loves to sleep!
2 Week Milestones:
* Maiya is starting to lift her head more.
* Maiya can manuever from burp position on my neck to the feeding position with 3 strong head bobs.
* Maiya can turn her head from side-to-side during tummy time.
* Maiya smiles often in her sleep.
* Maiya can focus on our voices and turn her head when we call to her
* Maiya can grab my glasses and fling them off my face (grabs necklace and hair as well)
* Maiya's umbilical cord fell off on day 12.
* Maiya used 73 cloth diapers in the first 6 days at home (73 diapers saved from landfill!)
* Jenni lost over 20 pounds in the first 2 weeks.
* At 15 days old, Maiya is 9 lbs, 2 oz and growing!