Sunday, February 27, 2005

First Month Fotos!



Finally, finally I updated the kuidaosumi website. I still haven't written the birth story, or some of the entries I had planned to write, but I put up some of the cuter photos from the first month. We have over 200 photos on our digital camera, and here are a select few for now at http://www.kuidaosumi.com/Updates/jenjournal.html

I have to say, we are lucky parents so far. Except for a few rough nights, she sleeps a lot, and often sleeping from 4-6 hours at night. I have been able to take naps in the evening, and that helps with getting up at night, and then getting up in the morning. This morning I actually woke up at 5:30 am and had to wait half an hour for Maiya to wake up. We have a co-sleeper, but often she ends up sleeping with us.

We have had a lot of support. Friends have been visiting, Tony's mom was here the first few nights (and at the birth), and my mom has been coming over about 2 days a week, cooking for us, doing laundry, helping me run errands, and taking pictures of Maiya. We've ventured out a little more... we went to the park where Tony & I got married, and went to the doctor's office and the Japanese market by ourselves. Did I mention that she was 9 lbs, 13 oz. at her 3 week appointment? She's moving around much more, able to wiggle herself around in bed, and her alert moments are increasing. During her last two baths, she hasn't cried at all.

As for me, I've already lost 28 pounds, yet my wrists, hands and fingers are experiencing a lot of pain from overuse. I'm exhausted, but happy. I'm appreciating every moment because I know that the first month will never come again!

No comments: