Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Busy Busy

Man am I busy this week.

*Monday night I went out to dinner with my cousin Roxane. We went to Shaka's for Hawaiian food. I had the Chinese Chicken salad and a side of macaroni salad. Yum. I wish I could have eaten more, but we went out for Korean food at lunch and I ate a whole DolSotBap/Bi Bim Bap by myself--along with a whole lot of Kimbap (Korean sushi).

* Tuesday - Last night, I had a Board Meeting for work. I'll admit I wasn't in the best of moods.

* Wednesday - Tonight Tony and I are going to see Slanguage/Universes, a performance with some of the artists that I met in Massachusetts last summer when I was at New WORLD Theater doing a study trip for several days.

* Thursday - Tomorrow night Tony and I are going to a fundraiser for a really cool arts organization.

* Friday, Nobuko is doing a performance at a national conference for Asian American community development organizations, so I am going to go to that.

Makes for a pretty busy week. On Saturday, I am going to be reading a piece that I wrote about the Far East Cafe that was published in Nanka Nikkei Voices: LIttle Tokyo: Changing Times, Changing Faces. i am reading it at a luncheon of the Friends of the Little Tokyo Library. Afterwards, I will be going to an event by NCRR called "The Future of Iraq: A Muslim American perspective." It ties in with my community work, as well as Great Leap's current project "To All Relations: Sacred Moon Songs."

No comments: