Wednesday, March 19, 2008

5 Years of War in Iraq

Here's a vintage blog - 5 years ago today... a lot going on in my life back 5 years ago if you want to take a peek from my March 2003 Blog.

March 19, 2003 - Stop the Bombing

Art by Weston

The big bad bully launched his war tonight. After work, Tony and I drove down to the Federal Building in Westwood to join in the call for peace. We thought there would be many more people there, but they had only started the bombing about 10 minutes before we got there. I'm guessing many more people will be gathering there tomorrow nite. I feel mad, especially when I hear people talk about standing behind the President, and when I see the misinformation lies the mainstream media puts out. Stop the bombing.

Here's an excerpt of Michael Moore's letter to George Bush: "The majority of Americans -- the ones who never elected you -- are not fooled by your weapons of mass distraction. We know what the real issues are that affect our daily lives -- and none of them begin with I or end in Q. Here's what threatens us: two and a half million jobs lost since you took office, the stock market having become a cruel joke, no one knowing if their retirement funds are going to be there, gas now costs almost two dollars -- the list goes on and on. Bombing Iraq will not make any of this go away. Only you need to go away for things to improve."
----

$2 a gallon for gas? Cough, cough. I paid $3.79 the other day. Peace. Out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenni,

looking back at the March 2003 blog was a trip. A lots happened since then; in the world and with us. You like that use of a semicolon.

Tony