Sunday, July 15, 2007

BBQ & Fireworks on the 4th

Helping Mommy peel the corn while daddy cooks a feast

Hello corn, I see you!

Uncle Bill and Grandpa Larry (Pampa) over for BBQ

Steak, salmon, corn, rice, cucumber, zucchinis and mushrooms...

Riding my tricycle with Uncle Bill
After dinner, Tony, Maiya and I walked down to the Marina, a few blocks from our house. After 12 years, this is the 2nd time Tony & I ever saw fireworks together (first time in Detroit). Seeing fireworks through Maiya's eyes was a lot of fun. Something about the awe and wonder of a child's first time experiencing something new. Being out on a summer night, walking with hundreds of other people through our neighborhood (and being grateful for not bringing our car into the crazy traffic) was really terrific. I think next year we'll have to do it again and maybe get even closer to the fireworks. For days after, Maiya wanted to see more "fire."

No comments: