Saturday, June 18, 2005

Procrastinatin'

Arghh. I have another column due this weekend. I've been one of the Thru The Fire columnists for the Rafu Shimpo for an unbelievable ten years now! If you know me, you know that I often write my piece after the deadline has passed and barely squeak them in before press time. Each time as I agonize over a column, I will promise to start earlier the next quarter.

And then I had a baby... Anyways, Maiya woke up at 5:30 am this morning and as I was nursing her, I started mulling over my next column because I realized it was due today. I thought I would just write about loving and being a new mama at 40, my new role as a lactivist, about Attachment Parenting, and why I do it. And then, as I started to think about angles for the column, I hopped onto the computer, opened up Word, stared at the blank page, and then decided to check my email, and surf around a bit. Four hours later, and I want to share some cool new websites I found this morning.

The Cow Goddess
Nurse Your Baby at Starbucks

And now, it's 10am and I reallllly have to start my column. But, Maiya has just woken up and is calling for milk! Oh well! Gotta run!

No comments: