Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Maiya's first visit to the OC



On Thursday, Maiya and I went down to Orange County to meet new friends and visit some old friends.

(1) After several years of following PegPower's life through her online journal, I finally met Peg in person! We went to lunch, walked around at the mall with our kids in strollers, and then went back and hung out at their house for a bit. I have to say, she is the sweetest blogger I know, and she is even sweeter in person. So genuine. Her girls, Ashlyn and Summer are just adorable. Peg really is a role model for me as she is a natural and awesome mom. I was paying attention to how lovingly and patiently she talked with her girls. I fell so in love with 3 year old Ashlyn when I complimented her on her cute hairpiece and she said to me, "It's not a hairpiece, it's a headband." And Summer, a one year old squealing with delight at just about everything.



(2) After leaving Peg's house, I went to go visit my childhood friend Kathy (we were best friends in elementary school until she moved away and we became pen pals), who lives about 3 miles from Peg. She wasn't home, so I left a little note in their mailbox. I wasn't looking forward to driving home in rush hour traffic, so I called my ex-boyfriend George, who it turns out lives about a mile from Peg. Maiya and I went over to George's condo for about an hour, and I visited with him and his mom, who I hadn't seen in over ten years. It was so nice to catch up with them.

(3) Then, as I was heading home, I decided to try calling my friend from college Lani, who also lives down the street from Peg & George. Lani was home, and so we dropped in on her as well. We were going to go to dinner, but by that time, it was quite late and Lani had eaten, so Lani heated me up some Progresso minestrone soup and we visited for a few hours.



So, that was Maiya's first trip to the OC, quite a full day, meeting new friends, and seeing old friends.

No comments: