Saturday, August 11, 2007

We're baack!


We got back about midnight last night from a 6-day family vacation in Central Washington and Northern Idaho. We flew up with Tony's dad last Saturday and visited his extended family for the first 3 days, then went to Tony's mom's house in Idaho for the 2nd leg of the trip.

Maiya wanted to come home after 2 days--and had multiple tantrums every day. She kept saying "I wan go back ome." Poor kid. They say that vacationing with a 2 year old is more like work than vacation. I think it was hard for her not having her usual routine, foods, books, toys, music and playtime. Tony and I both caught something. Tony was feverish with stomach queasiness and barely ate for 3 days. I had awful sharp shooting headaches and no energy. Despite the tantrums and sick parents, we did have a wonderful time visiting with everyone. It was nice that we got to relax more when we got to Fran & Don's house for the last 3 days.

Visited: 2 states, 9 places, 18 relatives. Wish we took more pictures. I'll put up more in the next few days. But in the meantime, since I missed World Breastfeeding Week (August 1-7) and since I know Fran is waiting to see, here's Don, Fran, me and Maiya saying goodbye at the airport. She set personal best records on breastfeeding during this trip.

No comments: