I always do these things when I'm procrastinating. Right now, it's Rainbow Jello time and Maiya's napping.
1. Do you have a college degree?
Yes. It was a B.S. in Business with an emphasis in Human Resources. 20 years later, I took my first class in Early Childhood Education, and will probably take another in the Spring.
2. What was the amount of your last electric bill?
Probably about $130, but that includes trash pickup and sewage, and is for two months.
3. How many hours per week do you have to work?
Well, I work 32 hours a week officially that I get paid for, and I am also a full time mom and wife.
4. Have you ever attended a Toastmasters evening?
I don't think so. But it rings a bell, maybe I did 15-20 years ago?
5. Favorite place to attend Happy Hour?
None. But last week, the day our work audit was completed, I went with a group of folks to my first happy hour since college. Since I don't drink, I had a clear soda. If Maiya hadn't been home sick with Tony, I wouldn't have been able to go.
6. How many miles is your commute to work each day (one way)?
About 15 miles each way. Which can mean 40-60 minutes on most days. If it's after 10pm, I can do it in 25-30. If it's a bad traffic day, it can be 1 1/2 hours.
7. What time do you get up every morning?
I usually get out of bed by 7:30 or 8 am. But Maiya often wakes me up between 5am and 6:30 am, and lately it's been every day that she's up. When she sits up and starts playing with her stuffed animals I ignore her and go back to sleep. If she puts a book in my face, then I have to read it. Luckily, I've memorized many of her books and I can recite them without putting on my glasses.
8. What is your definition of sleeping in late?
Every now and again, I can get Tony to wake up and take Maiya to breakfast and I will go back to sleep until 9 or 9:30, but that's maybe once a month or less. Generally I haven't slept more than 6-7 hours straight in over 2 years, so I don't really sleep in late. When I was pregnant, I was either insomniac or I would sleep till 10am or 11am (even on work days!)
9. Have you found any gray hairs?
Please, they're everywhere.
10. Do you check your cholesterol on a yearly basis?
Hmm, no I don't think so. I think they did it when I got life insurance, and it was really good.
11. How large was your first cellular phone?
Pretty big, but not one of those foot-long ones that my friends had.
12. Does your employer provide good health insurance?
Well, I don't consider HMOs to be good health insurance. In fact, I don't think good health insurance exists these days, unless maybe in Canada or Cuba or other countries where it is free. My HMO coverage is through Tony's.
13. Did you use the internet to write a research paper back in the old days of high school?
Please. I did not get my first computer until 4 years ago and it's the same one we have now. I didn't even have a typewriter until my senior year in college. In college, I used to go to the library and put quarters in every 15 minutes in the pay typewriters, or I would go to work to do my papers.
14. Have you ever heard of the internet sensation... or visited?
15. Have you attended a high school reunion?
Yes, my 20th. I saw the guy I had a crush on and I told him. I asked him if he remembered me and he said, "Uh, yeah." I wasn't convinced he actually did, but he did give me a hug and introduced me to his wife who was very nice.
16. How many jobs have you held in your professional career?
6. That's 6 jobs in 25 years. They have all been professional administrative jobs since I was 16. Most of my jobs have been long-term relationships.
17. Have you ever been fired or laid off from a job?
18. What is your favorite drink?
I don't have one, but I like blueberry soda from Trader Joe's and Martinelli's.
19. What is the most expensive bottle of wine that you have in your residence?
We don't drink, but Tony bought a bottle of $2 buck Chuck recently to use for cooking. And our new kitchen has 4 slots for a wine rack, but it's got mostly sparkling sodas in it.
20. Have you been divorced?
21. How old were you when you stopped getting IDed for alcohol/tobacco etc...?
Well, I got carded for an R-rated movie when I was 25 years old, and I got carded for non-alcoholic wine from Trader Joe's when I was in my late-30s.
22. Favorite casino?
Haven't been to many. Enjoy The Cal, except for the smoke.
23. Are you happier now than you were in high school?
24. Did you ever have Hypercolor shirts?
25. Do you remember when Michael Jackson was black and attracted to older people?
I remember when he was part of the Jackson Five.
26. What music was in your cd/cassette player when you were 16?
When I was 16, CDs weren't invented yet. I had 45s and LPs. My first 45 was "Love Will Keep us Together" by Captain and Tennille. My first album was "Grease." I was into Joey Travolta, Kristy and Jimmy McNicol, and a whole lotta disco and Top 40 hits.
27. Favourite fancy/upscale restaurant?
I haven't been to any upscale restaurants since probably more than 10 years. Tony & I always go to the same old hangouts.
28. How long has it been since you attended a kegger?
College? Although I didn't drink in college either, not really. Never did like or drink beer. I drank some wine in college, but that's about it.
30. Where were you when you found out about 9-11?
Nobuko called me and woke me up and told me to turn on the TV. She said, "There's going to be a whole lot of oppression going on." I had a grant due the next day, but luckily they extended it a day since I was glued to the TV the next 2 days.
31. When's the last time you were at a 7-11?
No idea. My mom didn't let us go in them, she was scared something bad would happen. She also didn't like us to buy gas at night.
32. When's the last time you bought a 40oz of beer?
Ok, now it's time for Rainbow Jello production. It's a 7 layer jello that takes 20 minutes per layer. Presents are wrapped. Tonight is tamales with the Ayalas. Hope you have a happy holiday!