Saturday, February 17, 2007

Support GL in the LA Marathon!

It's Saturday, 11 am and 80 degrees. Whoo hoo! Maiya has a bit of a cold today. Five toddlers from childcare have come down with hand, foot, mouth virus, and I think it's possible she and I have a light case of it. It's very contagious.

Oh! I need to blog about the LA Marathon coming up in 2 weeks... KuidaOsumi is going to be participating in it this year! No, no, we're not running the 26 miles. Instead, Tony is going to be riding in the Bike Marathon, while Maiya and I will be walking/strollering in the 5K. We're doing it as a fundraiser for Great Leap.

LA Marathon Fundraiser for Great Leap!
Sponsor our bikers and joggers, or join us!

We've been stuck at our desks waaaay too long! Along with several friends, we are going to be riding our bikes/walking at the L.A. Marathon on March 4 – joining 15,000 other riders for the L.A. Marathon Acura L.A. Bike Tour. In addition to fun, exercise, and a unique Los Angeles experience, our group is riding to raise funds for your favorite arts org... Great Leap!

I would be thrilled if you would sponsor me on our ride/walk! Your contribution will be put to use immediately in support of Great Leap's programming and you’ll get a letter from Great Leap thanking you for your tax-deductible contribution.

Just email me, or send me a comment below, and you can sponsor me & Maiya in the walk at $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $10 per kilometer (or more) for the 5 kilometers (or sponsor Tony for biking the 23 miles). Whatever you can donate is wonderful. We’ll send you an email confirming our completion of the event, but feel free to send your check earlier if that is convenient. You may send your donation check directly to:

Great Leap, Inc.
1145 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 100-D
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Attn. ArtRider

Or, you can send it to me and I'll turn them in. either way is fine with me, but please let me know if you would like to sponsor us!

Also, if you would like to join the L.A. marathon as a runner, rider or walker and help raise funds for Great Leap, please register online at www.lamarathon. com and then visit www.greatleap. org to get instructions and a sponsor form – it would be great to have you along!

Other riders so far:
Glen Kitayama
Jorge Diaz

Sponsors so far:
Ayako
Letty & Paul

No comments: